First time on the server? If you haven’t already it is highly recommended that you take a small amount of time to read the general FAQs and also watch the new player guide located on the FAQ Webpage.
1. Firstly you need to create an account, to do this please go this link. create an account. This account will be used to log into the game.
2. You will need a licensed copy of the World of Wacraft 2.4.3 client. TBC5MAN will not directly provide you with the software; however instructions on how to source a licensed copy or alternative options can be found on other areas of the internet.
3. If you already have the client and aren’t using the one provided by the first link above. Open up the “World of Warcraft” directory. The default directory is “C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft”.
4. Open up the file called “realmlist.wtf” with a text editor such as Notepad.
5. Remove all the current text and change it to:
set realmlist logon.tbcwow.co.uk
After saving you are ready to execute the game (Avoid executing the launcher always open via wow.exe) and log in.
** [ Below information doesn’t apply to people using the recommended client download from the link provided on this page ] **
** Custom starting gear will show as a ? icon in your bags if unequipped – this is due to icon graphics being held client side. No need for concern. Unfortunatly it does mean you will have to drag them into the characterpane to equip them. – If you want to fix this please download the modified wow.exe from this link.
Please delete your CACHE folder (if it exists) to ensure your client pulls the correct information from the server database. Any problems with items, esp custom items (starting items), is likely to do with an out of date CACHE.
Default location – (C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Cache)
Exit the game before doing the following – otherwise it will regenerate with the old data, we want it to pick up the new stuff 🙂 If you don’t see the folder then you can skip this. It will generate upon logging in for the first time.