Defeating C’thun will reward players with a load of toa/gold/boj, 1 of 4 possible upscaled AQ 60 trinkets, 2 boe custom ring enchants and a 15% chance of a new custom mount.
C’thun Intermission 1:
– Spread to avoid extra damage from eye beam chaining.
– Prioritize interrupting and killing tentacles that spawn under players.
– Run from darkglare if targeted. Whilst the boss is casting/rotating melee need to be at max combat attack range to not take shadow damage. A voidzone appears under the boss to indicate the danger zone.
– 90% HP: ported to first mini boss fankriss.
Fankriss the Unyielding (first mini boss):
– Avoid sandtraps, will spawn under players randomly.
– Prio scarab spawns, they fixate their target and do large shadow damage on hit.
– Tank needs to pay attention to the bosses sandcone. When the boss goes red or enlargers (soft enrage boss, will be stay red) make sure to move 90 degrees to the side of the boss to avoid the conal attack.
– Frankriss removes 30% of it’s target’s dodge.
C’thun Intermission 2:
– Same as first intermission, but with the addition of the ravaged scarab mechanic seen during the first miniboss phase. Plus tornados will appear for dark glare mechanic.
– 60% HP: ported to second mini boss princess huhuran.
Princess Huhuran (second mini boss):
– Periodically will rise into the air doing one of two volley attacks (spraying large amounts of damage onto the party). Depending on the type of volley dictates which shield scarab needs to be fully triggered to spawn a protective bubble; absorbing large amounts of the incoming damage when inside. Red boss = red shield bug, Green/yellow boss = yellow shield bug. Boss threat will reset at the end of every volley.
– Don’t damage the boss during volley, all attacks will be reflected.
Note: scarab magic shield reduces damage taken by 70% but also reduces healing recieved by 50%.
Tip: shield bugs need to be activated twice before they produce the shield. To activate the scarabs only requires a player to be near them. Don’t fully activate(twice) before the volley phase otherwise the activated scarab will disappear. Ideally you want both bugs to be activated once (will have a yellow shimmer on them) so you can quickly do the final activation when the volley begins.
– Keep an eye out for poison charges on random players, it leaves a debuff that spawns a toxic pool on the ground once it falls off.
– CC Vekniss Warrior’s, don’t kill them.
– Save cool-downs for last 30%, boss will enrage continually doing extra poison damage to all party members until death.
C’thun Intermission 3:
– Same as first intermission, but periodically c’thun will summon two invasive flying scarabs that will poison charge players, the same spell Huhuran used. They are a priority target. Tornados will still appear for dark glare mechanic.
– 30% HP: ported to third mini boss stomach flesh tentacle.
C’thun Stomach – Flesh Tentacle (third mini boss):
– Don’t stand in the liquid, you will gain more stacks of the debuff
– Only one platform is safe at a given time, keep a close eye out for spurts of poison coming out of the platforms. This indicates that they are about to become covered with a toxic pool (one hit kill)
Note: the same platform will not be safe twice in a row.
C’thun Intermission 4:
– Same as first intermission, but periodically c’thun will summon one invasive flying scarabs that will poison charge players, the same spell Huhuran used. They are a priority target. In addition to a reduced number of the ravaged scarabs, similar to mechanic seen during the first miniboss phase. Tornados will still appear for dark glare mechanic.
– 10% the boss will change into it’s normal form, ceasing to do any more eyebeams or darkglares.
Note: Atlas loot addon can be used to see the new trinkets.
Custom Ring Enchants:
Enchant Ring – Healing Power: +35 Healing, +12 Spell Damage & +7 mp5.
Enchant Ring – Attack Power: +30 Attack Power & +10 Crit.
Enchant Ring – Defense: +15 Defense & 10+ Dodge.
Enchant Ring – Spell Damage: +25 Spell Damage, +15 Stamina.